Nowadays everyone expects the ability to research and buy anything online, at any time, on any device. With an incredible rise in numbers of the current online shopping trend, it is no surprise that more and more buyers are purchasing factory auto parts online.
The benefits, however, are not only reserved for the shopper. The average dealer website with eCommerce generated over $260,000 in online part sales in 2019.
Are you equipped to get your share of online parts sales in 2020? Here are eight reasons why you should be making auto parts eCommerce a priority for this year:
1. The online auto parts market is expected to increase – Online auto parts sales should double between 2016 and 2020 according to industry analysts at Frost & Sullivan. Be prepared to capture your piece of this rapidly growing market.
2. Selling auto parts online provides an additional revenue channel – With PartSites, online auto parts sales are a convenient and cost-effective way to generate revenue through an additional channel that can help you achieve your profit growth goals.
3. Consumers are keeping their cars longer – Since the financial crisis in 2008, consumers have been keeping their cars for much longer periods of time. The average vehicle age in America is 11 years, which indicates an increasing demand for OEM car parts. Consumers want to keep the performance of their car on point now more than ever.
4. Your competitors are doing it – More and more dealerships are beginning to notice the advantages of selling auto parts online. If other dealers are sharing product availability, making bookings, and closing product sales online; those customers could potentially be yours.
5. Customers want it – In a world where you can order virtually everything via computer, consumers tend to get annoyed or frustrated when they can’t purchase a certain service or product online.
Consumers now expect the convenience of buying online. If a consumer visits your website and cannot easily find information on the part he/she is looking for, and is required to fill out a Contact Us form; they might leave your site. No one wants to wait for someone to reply, therefore they will search somewhere else. When you empower consumers to find and order what they’re shopping for on your site; it will increase return visits and strengthen customer loyalty.
6. Processing and shipping orders are simplified – Auto parts eCommerce solutions integrate with shipping providers so your order information is automatically transferred to the shipping label, and you can print within the eCommerce back office. Tracking information is saved with the order and email notifications are sent so customers know when to expect delivery.
7. Your parts business never closes – With online auto parts eCommerce, your customers aren’t beholden to the open hours of your showroom. You are virtually open 24/7, giving customers the ability to make purchases on their schedule, whether on a lunch break or in the middle of the night.
8. You can increase your customer base – People who live too far to drive to your store will be able to order your auto parts online and have them delivered straight to their doorstep. This will likely increase repeat buying, thus expanding your customer base.
Customers and dealers alike might be surprised at just how convenient it is to have online auto parts as part of the complete digital dealership. Meet customer expectations and boost your market share by offering online part sales on your website today.